TRICK OR TRI
Saturday, October 21,2017
This year there will be finisher medals in ALL RACES. There will be age group awards only in the SPRINT DIVISION.
There will be a team relay option for the sprint division only! Team relay can consist of up to 3 athletes, each completing one of the disciplines. Open Men, Open Women, and Mixed divisions available for the relay. Top 3 teams in each of these divisions will receive awards.
Swim (25yds Length)
- Beginner = 8 Lengths (200yds)
- Sprint = 16 Lengths (400yds)
- Kids Beginner = 2 Lengths (50 yds)
- Kids Sprint = 4 Lengths (100 yds)
- Beginner = 1 Loop (5 Miles)
- Sprint = 2 Loops (10 Miles)
- Kids Beginner = 1 Mile (1/2 out and back)
- Kids Sprint = = 2 Miles (1/2 out and back)
- Beginner = 1 Loop (1.5 Miles)
- Sprint = 2 Loops (3 Miles)
- Kids Beginner = 1/2 Mile (.25 Miles out and .25 Miles back on same course)
- Kids Sprint = 3/4 Mile (.375 Miles out and .375 Miles back on same course)
The swim will be in the SHAC indoor pool. The swim will take place in heats of approximately 20 racers. There will be two people in each full sized lane. The Sprint Distance will start first at 9:00 am, followed by the beginner distance at 11:00 am, and the kids distance at 1:00 pm. The pool temperature will be between 81 - 84 degrees.
The bike course is an out and back loop course. From the pool you will turn right on Lava Flow Drive, left on 2000 North, and turn around at N Red Mountain Rd. The course is a 5 mile loop. One lap for beginner; two laps for sprint. The course is fairly flat with a couple hills. There will be officers holding up traffic at the main intersections, but it is an open road race so be aware of traffic. Helmets are required for participants. If you don't have a helmet you won't be allowed to race.
The running course is an out and back 1 and 1/2 mile loop. It will follow the bike path North of the pool and East of Lava Flow Drive. One lap for the beginner distance; two laps for the sprint distance. There will be aid stations at the transition area and the run turn around.
This is a Runner Series Event